1. Who we are
2. Use of your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and where your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we have obtained your consent to processing your personal details by virtue of the fact that you knowingly signed-up to receive newsletters and other direct marketing material from us.
- You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
3. The personal data we collect
- Enquiries & Correspondence - You may give us information about you by signing up to our mailing list, or by corresponding with us by email, Facebook or otherwise. When you request information or make enquiries about any of our services or events, we may collect the following categories of personal data about you: Personal contact details such as name and personal email addresses. We may use the personal data you provide in order to fulfil your request or respond to your enquiry.
- Ticket Purchases - If you book to attend to attend one of our events we may collect the following categories of personal data about you: Personal contact details (name, title, addresses, telephone number/personal email address) and payment details. We may collect this information to correspond with you about the event and give you the information you need to take part. We may also use the information to contact you about other matters relating to our events and activities.
- Feedback - After attending an event, we may ask you for your feedback on the event and surrounding aspects. You are not obliged to provide us with feedback. We may use the information to improve our events and admin in the future.
- Marketing - Where you have explicitly consented to do so, we may use your personal data to inform you of new or existing events, activities and products we offer. This may also include surveys or questionnaires so that we can learn more about your needs and interests. If you would prefer that we do not send such communications to you, please contact us to remove you from our marketing lists.
Parents and guardians - We collect personal data as described above. However if you are under 16 years of age and want to request information, attend an event or contact us, you must ask your parent or guardian for apply on your behalf and to accompany you. We will not retain personal information about anyone under 16 years of age.
4. When and how we share your personal data with others
We may share your personal data with third parties where required by law, where we have obtained your consent to do so or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so. Such third parties may include the following:
- Our service providers: we may share your personal data with other companies that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include processing payments, providing customer service and marketing assistance (such as Paypal and MailChimp). These service providers may be supplied with or have access to your personal data solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf.
- Our Event Attendees: we may share a limited amount of your personal data with other attendees of our events. This may include Referees and other players who have been assigned to the same team as you. These individuals may be supplied with or have access to your personal data solely for the purpose of facilitating the game.
5. Security of your information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those who have a legitimate need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions or as otherwise agreed and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
6. Retention of your personal data
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
7. Your rights as a data subject
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request removal of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
8. Limitation of Liability
HexHeart Games undertakes to make every reasonable effort to ensure the proper and appropriate use of your data. Where we have done so and use a third party to process your data then, should that third party not abide by its lawful responsibilities, then you accept that providing us with your personal data is an acceptance that we will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage the actions by the third party might cause.